My biggest aim with cross stitches to decrease the number of “waiting for stitching” kits for an acceptable level. What I already have in the box I plan to stitch in the following order:
- Small duck cross stitch kit from DMC (it is packed into big plastic thing so in case it comes out the remaining will be seen less.) - DONE
- Spring banners – to be able to hang out during this spring - DONE
- My own designed project – I am interested in how it will look
- Towel for a baby – the owner is going to be born soon - DONE
- I would like to stitch 3 different roses to different materials using 1 & 2 threads – to play with the looks. It will also reduce the materials dramatically. J - Currently on the way, you can see the steps in different blogposts.
- A big autumn kit from Leasurecrast. I am a bit afraid of the beads but it must be wonderfull.
- Lanarte lavender fields 13x18 cm (must be quick, since the size is small)
- Lanarte country tables 13x18 cm (must be quick, since the size is small)
- Heritage – Toscana – I won this kit on last year’s exhibition as a prize. Originally it is stitched on aida, but my plan is to stitch it to evenwave.
- Lanarte – Fuchsia – This one of the biggest projects waiting for me. I already know the future place for the stitched picture.
- Tablecloths – at least 1 from the 3 pieces
- RICO banner for Christmas. I have stitched 3 for last Christmas but the biggest one is still waiting for me.
- Christmas tablecloths.
- Bath towel for Panna – I have to buy the material for this project.
- I have bought four Heritage flower kits. I guess they will be the next.
I think this is the plan for this year. But as know myself it will be changed during the year. On top of that I have not calculated with the small kits I receive monthly with my cross stitching magazine. I usually stitch these kits as soon as they arrive.
Before summarising my quilt plans I found my threads for knitting so I summarise my knitting plans now:
- I have promised to Panna to knit a scarf for her from a brown yarn. It would take only a long evening in case I would start it. - DONE
- In case I manage to knit an another scarf till May that would be a present to one of my friends. I hope I could manage it during the next few weeks. -DONE
- Since the pullover season is just over within weeks, I think the yarn for me next pullover will be knitted only in autumn.
- I have one more kind of yarn for Panna, but now she has plenty of pullovers, so these yarns have to wait at least till next autumn.
After this one page long list I am a bit afraid of summarising my quilt plans. I have some projects in this group what is half-ready, so the main task is to finish them, especially I wish to show them on exhibitions later in this year. So…
- Brown-yellow flower quilt – I have to finish it - DONE
- Rainbow quilt – needs to be finalised - DONE
- Double bed cover for ourselves – I have already stitched 145 blocks but they have to be stitched together
- I am planning to make a block in every month in next year – what is in line with the seasons. I have already made 2 from these but I have more plans in my mind.
- I would like to finish the one theme, three technique series. Only the last one is missing.
- I would like to quilt a horse wall hanger for Panna.
- A blue star-quilt bed cover. I am currently colleting the materials for this one.
I don’t know which one from these will land in 2009 but I hope that most of them will be ready in this year. (I need energy and free time to finish all these projects.)
Additionally I was beading in last weeks, too. I will share some photo of the results.
On top of these I have also additional plans in needlework but I can’t see any chance to make them in this year… Just to mention I have the following kits in my box:
- Lanarte daisy kit
- Lanarte purple flower 2 pieces kit
- Winnie the Pooh – seasons kit
- Winnie the Pooh – with a basket
- Winnie the Pooh – with honey
- Snow white kit
- Tablecloth – 3 of them
- Christmas red banner
- All our Yesterday - full booklet with threads
- Country Companions – full booklet with threads
- Snowmen on plastic canvas
- Cute baby from Cross Stitcher magazine
- Small bear kit from Lanarte
How are you about your plans? Is this the same for you that all planned orders are changing every time?
Please share with me how are your plans for 2008!